Photo Archive

Trion Methodist Church celebrates it’s 100th anniversary in 1944
The Holland House near the Alabama line was built around 1886.Unfortunately the house burned in the 1980’s
A bird’s eye view of downtown Summerville 1957
Summerville police officers Whaley and Hawkins patrol the corner of Commerce and Washington 1940
Inside the Royal Theatre, Summerville 1939, a fundraiser was held to help buy food for the unemployed
The McWhorter family of Bolling Road pose for a traveling photographer circa 1900
Teachers could park in the circle in front of Summerville High School. SHS became CHS in 1962
Singing the alma mater in the Summerville High Auditorium 1960
Leading off the Christmas parade in Summerville in the early 1960’s
Summerville School Board 1949
The original Georgia Rug Mill, ( now part of Mohawk)
An early postcard view of the Summerville Cotton Mill in the late 1910’s
Sturdivant gym at Summerville school was in use from the 1930’s till the mid 1970’s
Coach Lamar Parker and his 1956 Summerville High Indians
Blanche Toles’ students show off their art at Menlo in 1954. Miss Toles taught 50 years
Jimmy Williams spins the Top 40 on WGTA in the 1950’s
The Strain Home in 1910. Located near Lyerly, it was later known as the Weesner Home
The 1922 2nd grade at Trion pose for a class picture
Red Book Singings were popular yearly events in Trion. They were started by Professor Charles E. Bell
These late 1950’s Trion High cheerleaders were cheering on the Bulldogs!