Photo Archive

Summerville Volunteer Firemen 1980’s
1950 State Basketball champions honored in early 1980’s
Beulah Shropshire home overlooking Summerville in the snow. Beulah was the first woman licensed insurance agent in Georgia.
Dedication of VFW Eternal Flame in front of the courthouse , 1969 ( Identified are Atty.TJ Espy and Rice Morgan
Lunch room for Summerville High and later Junior High, built late 50s,
Road leading from downtown Summerville toward Menlo
Nell Taylor, longtime teacher and her 2 boys ( late 40’s) .Every boy loves a train!
Jury appointment September 1874
Chattooga Co. Hospital, shortly after opening 1951
Trade Day…back in the 1980’s
Summerville High School and Auditorium 1950’s
Central of Ga. Railroad Chattooga Fair ad 1920’s
Ellen Pitts from Summerville married a Rev. Walker who was the father of Georgia Governor Walker
The Dixie Highway was built through the county in the years around 1920.
Connor Allen enjoys a break at the soda fountain of Jackson Drug.
Nurses on duty at Chattooga Hospital in the 1950’s
J.D. Hill Funeral Home, built 1951
J.O Meadows of Berryton works on the mail car of the Central of Ga. Railroad
The carpet industry in the county began as Georgia Rug Mill in 1946
Dr. Selmans cabin and lake , circa 1933 Christmas card