Dedication of VFW Eternal Flame in front of the courthouse , 1969 ( Identified are Atty.TJ Espy and Rice Morgan
J.O Meadows of Berryton works on the mail car of the Central of Ga. Railroad
The carpet industry in the county began as Georgia Rug Mill in 1946
A flag raising ceremony at Trion Mill 1941
Dr. Selmans cabin and lake , circa 1933 Christmas card
Vacation Bible School at 4 Mile Baptists Church 1950’s
Interesting wedding “in the middle of the road” in Chattoogaville in 1915.
The last Holland Post Office
Water skiing on the Chattooga River, Picture was used in publication to attract industry in the 1950’s
Confederate veterans going to a reunion in 1919
“The County Home” was open till the mid 1960s. It was located where the nursing home is today
Summerville First Baptist Church. This building burned in 1934
Wayside Community Church ( at the foot of Taylor Ridge) in 1947
The McWhorter family of Bolling Road pose for a traveling photographer circa 1900
The Holland House near the Alabama line was built around 1886.Unfortunately the house burned in the 1980’s
The original Georgia Rug Mill, ( now part of Mohawk)
Summerville School Board 1949
Youth of the Subligna Baptist Church pose for a picture
The Summerville Music Study Club was very active from 1939 through the mid 1970’s.
A circa 1960 moonshine still raid was successful. The evidence was brought to the sheriffs office .