Photo Archive

The Strain Home in 1910. Located near Lyerly, it was later known as the Weesner Home
The 1922 2nd grade at Trion pose for a class picture
Red Book Singings were popular yearly events in Trion. They were started by Professor Charles E. Bell
These late 1950’s Trion High cheerleaders were cheering on the Bulldogs!
A circa 1960 moonshine still raid was successful. The evidence was brought to the sheriffs office .
The Summerville Music Study Club was very active from 1939 through the mid 1970’s.
The early road leaving Menlo going to Cloudland. The road used switchbacks to get to the top.
A dapper group of gentlemen pose in Menlo !
The 1958 Menlo High Tigers Football lineup.
A scene from the Patten Fruit Farm near Menlo circa 1905. The Pattens were from Chattanooga.
Menlo’s Civil War Monument… erected 1915
The early road to Menlo, A pleasant ride…untill it rained !
Home Demonstration Clubs were once popular. They were sponsored by the Univ. of Ga. Extension Service and helped women with food preservation, cooking, sewing, etc.
Youth of the Subligna Baptist Church pose for a picture
Sitting on the porch of the White’s store in Subligna, circa 1920s,
Arrington Drug building is the oldest building on Commerce Street . It was built in 1896
Harry McGinnis pours up a prescription in McGinnis Drug circa 1960. The drugstore opened in 1920.
These 3 Trion youngsters enjoy a snow cone in 1965. This is a T. Emmett Nunn photo. He was a photographer in Trion for many years.
A card room scene at Trion mill around the turn of the century.
Coach Lamar Parker on the sidelines of a 1956 SHS football game.