Students at Lyerly School were part of the Home Guard during World War II
Chattooga Corn Club, a precursor to the 4- H program
The Holland House near the Alabama line was built around 1886.Unfortunately the house burned in the 1980’s
The Strain Home in 1910. Located near Lyerly, it was later known as the Weesner Home
Home Demonstration Clubs were once popular. They were sponsored by the Univ. of Ga. Extension Service and helped women with food preservation, cooking, sewing, etc.
Plowing the garden at one of the oldest houses in county, the Price House out from Lyerly. This 1930’s photo shows a family trying to survive the great depression.
Chattooga Boys Corn Club circa 1910, encouraged agriculture in the county
Lyerly Mattress Co. started in 1927
Thomas Brewer selling vegetables in Lyerly circa 1942
Augustus Finley family 1906. Augustus( left front was born a slave in Chattoogaville and bought his wife’s freedom.His descendants still live in the area
A Sunday afternoon stroll near the Chattooga River near Lyerly
Ruins of Price House ,near Lyerly, one of the oldest homes in the county
Covered bridge, near Price’s Bridge Road near Chattoogaville, pre 1930s
1954 Lyerly telephone numbers
1898 map showing train route through Tulip and Sprite from Lyerly
Mr. H.L. Abrams, Lyerly Depot Agent, 1920s, with daughter